Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Article Response : Terry Gross
I'm impressed on how little Terry actually knows about trash. She says she's been reading Garbology, yet she asks a bunch of questions that Humes answers in the book if you actually read it. It just shows you how Americans work. That's that I wont discuss. It amazes me how clearly Humes explains the garbage dump, which shows me he does his research and does know what he's talking about. I was shocked about the fact that we throw away about seven pounds of trash away a day as said by Humes himself. If we throw seven pounds a day, with 356 days a year, that's a lot of trash. I'm also baffled that now that Humes knows about our current trash, he estimated that instead of 64 tons of trash a lifetime per person, its now 102 tons of trash a lifetime per person. This is a huge amount of trash that is unnecessary, yet its that amount of because of laziness. I'm still shocked how China makes money, by basically throwing away our trash which in my opinion is embarrassing. China makes money for something we can easily do. Yet this is America the great who can't simply reduce the amount of trash we throw away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment