Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Garbology : Chapter Nine

"Pick of the Litter" clearly states that he is talking about recycling. Recycling in my opinion is very helpful and useful to yourself if you like making cash. Its a great way to make an extra couple of dollars as well as help the environment. It can be a hassle, but its worth it for yourself and everyone else! "Recology the opportunity to stake a claim as one of the nation's recycling pioneers." (Humes 193) I believe Recology is a way to go program. Its supposed to be an encouragement program to help corporate waste management. Now will people follow through or agree to this? I personally believe only those who "care" will actually pay attention and put in the effort. I like the fact that Yale University puts in the effort to make sculptures about recycling. I'm guessing, they believe that smart people know everything and so they turn to Yale. Yale has the idea to help promote recycling like it will help. Honestly, I believe promoting recycling will make people less likely to recycle because they will think its dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment