Monday, October 7, 2013

Garbology : Chapter Six

It's amazing how much trash is actually in our ocean. People think we just have small piles of trash floating around the sea. "Described as a kind of floating island of debris twice the size of Texas," (Humes 130). That is a huge number a trash just floating around. Yet we believe nothing can we done. Plastic particles are conatining chemicals and now are getting into the ocean. Funny, how I wrote about this. We claim that it's threatening our ecosystem and ourselves! We know we throw plastic away in the trash and that its causing harm, yet we still do it. "80 percent of the trash at sea is from land sources rather than ships," Humes (135). Interesting how the ships that bring us the products don't actually produce the trash. This chapter consisted of talking about plastic issues and how they are affecting us. We use so much plastic for little reason. We simply throw away all plastic that we see and sometimes, we don't even recycle which is sickening to the environment. I'll be the first to admit, I sometimes don't recycle but I have since I started reading the first chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment