Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Garbology : Chapter Ten

"Chico and the Man" not only catches my attention, but confuses me on how Chico is an importance. Well, ChicoBag's pitch is a reusable bag made from recycled material. This item is imported from China! Doesn't China make millions off of our trash? Well I think that explains how they make this item called ChicoBag. I personally believe reusable bags are great! I don't understand why people don't use them. Maybe from my personal experience, its probably because we forget, it can't hold enough items, or just are too lazy to carry it around. Sounds dumb and reasonable, but it is true. Its coming from my mouth because my parents do this all the time! Yes the bags are helpful and prevent a plastic bag getting brought out, but these reusable bags don't hold much and sometimes will rip from the amount of stuff put in there! I believe many people just want a plastic bag after they buy there groceries and want to get out of there. Plastic bags can hold more and are more reasonable to use, but they do affect the environment. ChicoBag had a "14 percent annual growth" (Humes 212). This shows how much these companies are worth. If these bags do grow, it can severely help the environment and save people money as well as time.

No comments:

Post a Comment